We are pleased to state that the Government along with the Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau are planning to restart Tourism from the 1st of August 2020.
It is indeed a good feeling to break the stillness after sometime with a positive news update to all our patrons and we thought what better way to communicate this special message than to create a short clip, with some snippets of our beautiful island playing in the background.
𝑹𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑻𝒓𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒍 𝒊𝒏 𝑺𝒓𝒊 𝑳𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒂Diethelm Travel Sri Lanka is thrilled to announce the plans by our Authorities to re-open our borders from the 1st of August 2020. We thought what better way to communicate this than to share a special video created to remind you of our fascinating island experience. Enjoy watching and leave a comment below as to what you are longing to experience, when you visit Sri Lanka. It could be the East Coast, cooler climes, up North, down South or even a particular hotel which you must have always dreamt of travelling to.Video Credits: Sri Lanka Tourism Promotions Bureau, Viral TUBE, Zee Bangla, Web Focus MediaMusic Credits: BenSound
Posted by Diethelm Travel Sri Lanka on Wednesday, June 3, 2020
The preparation to re-open the borders have been arrived at following the consent of the Ministry of Health and taking into consideration the fact that there hasn’t been any new COVID-19 positive cases reported from civilians of the locality since the beginning of May, other than ones in designated quarantine centres.
This however will be a gradual process with authorities said to be initially permitting only small groups of visitors to the country. Accordingly, please be informed of the below requirements and guidelines pertaining to the resumption of travel in Sri Lanka.
Mandatory Requirements for travellers coming into Sri Lanka at present;
- Minimum 5-day stay in the country.
- PCR test to be taken 72 hours prior to arrival to the country through a certified health institution.
- Availability of a valid Return air ticket and health insurance.
- A pre-arranged itinerary.
- Confirmation of booking at Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority (SLTDA) certified accommodation (we will share this as and when we receive it).
Measures taken by Diethelm Travel Sri Lanka;
- All vehicles will carry a hygiene pack with disposable or reusable masks, hand sanitizer and disposable gloves for touring clients.
- Disposable or reusable masks and hand sanitizer for transfer clients.
- All vehicles will be thoroughly disinfected after each transfer.
- Temperature checks for staff and guests on a daily basis.
- Vehicles will abide by social distancing norms and recommendations for shuttle transfers.
We will communicate further updates as and when we receive them. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact your Account Manager should there be any clarification with regards to the above.
We will be happy to assist you through these procedures and to get familiar with this new norm of travel. Our objective is to make this as effortless as possible for our stakeholders, so that our guests could once again witness what a blissful getaway feels like in an island of resplendence.